Accessing Public Toilets
Living with IBD can be a daily struggle, many people living with Crohn's or Colitis have been refused access to a public toilet in urgent situations.
Crohn's Colitis Ireland provide members with a "No Waiting" card, which should grant the holder immediate access to a public toilet in an emergency situation.
CCI are calling on businesses and public amenities to support people living with IBD by allowing those with presenting the CCI "No Waiting" card access to public toilets.
Below outlines organisations, businesses and public representatives who are supporting the use of the "No Waiting" card. (This resource is being updated daily)
What Can I Do?
- Share this campaign on social media to help create awareness, click the image above to go to social media.
- Email your local representative about your experience, let them know why this is important issue needs addressing.
- If there is a business / organisation that you don't see contacted, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have been denied access to a public toilet email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist.
Become a Member of CCI
Becoming a member you can be a part of providing vital support to people affected by IBD in Ireland, receive regular updates and information on how CCI is making a difference and have access to exclusive support material.
Become a Member
Supporting Organisations / Businesses
- Tesco Ireland
- Joyce's Supermarket
- Lidl Ireland
- Cork Airport
- Ireland West Airport
- Dunnes Stores
- Glen Gat Guesthouse
- White Water Shopping Centre *Present card at customer service to access toilet
- Omni Shopping Centre
- Liffey Valley Shopping Centre
- Stillorgan Village Shopping Centre
- Mahon Point Shopping Centre
- Aldi (make yourself aware to a member of staff)
- Primark (present card to staff)
- Laurence Shopping Centre
- Orchard Equestrian Ltd,
- Unit 18 Westlink Business Park,
- Clondrinagh, Ennis Road,
- Limerick V94 K125, Ireland
Supporting Public Representatives
- Ged Nash, TD
- Richard Bruton, Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment
- Catherine Connolly, TD
- Johnny Guirke, TD
- Brendan Howlin, TD
- Aengus Ó Snodaigh, TD
- Willie O'Dea, TD
- Fergus O'Dowd, TD
- Thomas Pringle, TD
- Jennifer Carroll MacNeill, TD
- David Norris, Senator
- Gerard P. Craughwell, Senator
- Marie Sherlock, Senator
- Mark Wall, Senator
- Pippa Hackett, Senator
- Verona Murphy, TD